Time is a valuable tool that can be manipulated, shared, divided, used and saved. By its very nature, it is important to learn how to manage time and use it wisely to maximize productivity. The following are 5 tips to help make the most of your time:
- Make time to plan: Use 30 minutes a day to plan how you are going to use your time.
- Tackle top priorities first: Although they may not be the most pleasant, engage in your most important tasks fist, while most physically rested and mentally alert.
- Remember there are 1,440 minutes in each day: Appreciate and accept that some of these minutes will be used for physical requirements (eating, sleeping, etc.). Prioritize and plan in time segments that you can handle, allowing time to rest and refuel.
- Take a minute to think: A few minutes clearing your mind, analyzing the situation, and weighing your options will lead to better decisions and less wasted time.
- Delegate and outsource: Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Effectively assign task responsibility to others when needed.